Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Why didn't I think of this sooner?

Last night I have to admit that I was at my breaking point. You see Jacob has been working out his crying muscles quite a bit these last few days and for some strange reason he always decides to exercise these muscles right when I want to do something for myself. Anyway, yesterday I was jonesing for a shower and every time I got the little monkey to sleep he would wake up and start wailing.
On top of his crankiness Alexis was lying in bed yelling out at random intervals"I'm not tired. I can't sleep, Mom, I just want to get up and be with you guys." Did I mention I was at my whits end? Okay so I was over Jacob's crying, over Alexis and her whining, and really wanting a hot relaxing shower. After a couple minutes of slight chaos I decided to mix the two together and see what would happen.

I picked up Jacob and carried him to Alexis' room, flipped the light on and grabbed "Brown Bear, Brown Bear" one of her favorite books. My thinking here was that this has been Alexis' favorite book for all time, leading to her memorization of said book. I plopped Jake down on the bed and simply told Lex to read to him.

Magic I tell you! This worked like a charm. I got my shower in quickly, the crying stopped, and I even got a few pictures to stick in the baby album!

1 comment:

Dan said...

Genius Mel, genius. You know we're going to come to you for great ideas when we have rugrats, don't you?