Sunday, November 30, 2008

This blog normally would be accompanied by some pictures that would prove my words, but I decided to do a little science experiment with our camera last Monday. What happened was this; The kids and I hitched a ride to Couerd'elene with my cousin to take the holiday cruise. In the midst of almost missing the boat because we could not find the ticket counter, caring the stroller up to the top deck, getting Alexis the bag of chips she had to have, feeding Jake while keeping him warm, and trying to answer my cell phone because Gene was calling I shoved our camera into the pocket of my fleece sweater. I hastily sat down out of breath and a little stressed out when I heard "kerplunk" from the water below. With out even looking I knew it was our brand new camera that I put into my pocket instead of putting into the open diaper bag 5 inches in front of me. So, until we get a new one you will have to use your imaginations.
Jacob is mowing down the milestones and the numbers on the scale. He weighed in at a hefty 8lbs 7oz about a week ago and I have a really good feeling he will be in the double digits on Wednesday during his two month check up. His personality is beginning to peak through as his smile makes more appearances. He is really attempting to laugh but as of right now it just sounds like an out of breath gasp, if you can imagine that. Either way I think he is handsome and I love his undeveloped laugh. He also has discovered rattles and toys that light up or play music when he hits them. He is going to be a handful, I can tell.
Alexis is doing great with spreeschool, as she calls it. She loves her teacher and her "special friend" (the high school student assigned to help her for the day). Her list of friends and best friends is developing and I am pretty sure she has more friends than I do now. She is smart and it is getting hard to hide things from her. She is uber excited about Christmas and Santa. It is fun now that she is at the age that I can tell her that Santa is watching, and she believes and understands me. Can you believe that she is almost 5?!
As for Gene and I, we are doing well. Gene is working a lot, which means that he is gone a lot. Such is the life of a railroader. I am starting to get a little more sleep and develop a schedule to run the house on. All in all things are good in the Young household!
Stay tuned!

No comments: